Ball State tennis gears up for Cardinal Invite

Men tennis as they prepare for a meet

MUNCIE, Ind β€” Ball State participated in the Fall Cardinal Invite this weekend. This two-day event, which took place from September 28th to September 29th, featured Butler, Xavier, and Bellarmine. 

Ball State faced intense competition in doubles against Xavier; they secured two wins with Jacks Lancaster and Nathaniel Webster, Sajin Smith, and senior Ian Brady. Since it is relatively early in the season for the Cardinals, they only have one previous meet to go off of. However, they are still trying to apply new techniques at earlier meets. 

Bill Richards also spoke on this, mentioning that even though the team is fresh into the season, it has gone well, and they are looking to use events such as the Cardinal Fall Invite to lay the groundwork for bigger invites in the future. 

Richards said, β€œIt's early in the season, but we can take things from our first meet.” 

While the team still has a lengthy season ahead of them, they gained lots of experience by having an invite early into the season. The team's next invite takes place at Purdue University from Thursday, October 10th, to Sunday, October 13th, which is known as the ITA Ohio Valley Regional. Similar to the Cardinal Fall invite, the team hopes to gain that valuable experience in preparation for more significant events.  

Contact Xavier Harris with comments at xavier.harris@bsu.edu.