Room 5 Piano Bar, new to Muncie

New music and entertainment opportunities in Muncie.

MUNCIE, Ind. — Room 5 Piano Bar is making an impact in the Muncie entertainment scene, transforming the city with a unique music experience. Located in the heart of the city, this new venue is more than just a bar—it's a vibrant addition to the community created by local businessman Louis Garcia.

Garcia, a Muncie native, envisioned Room 5 as a place where locals and Ball State students can come together to enjoy live piano performances and create lasting memories and connections.

“Muncie didn't have anything like this before,” Garcia said. “I wanted to contribute something special and contribute to Muncie to have a good entertainment place to go.”

Co-owner and head musician Jay Jones followed Garcia’s enthusiasm and revealed that the idea for Room 5 came from a desire to give back to his hometown. 

“Louis would come in and say hey man, I want to do something special for my hometown. Let me know if you're ever interested in opening a piano bar. A couple years went by, and I said it is time,” he said.

Room 5 is more than just a performance space; it’s a platform for local talent. The venue provides opportunities for students and regional artists to showcase their skills. 

“What better to come to a college campus and discover new talent,” Jones added.

The bar aims to become a hub for special events, from Parents Weekend to Homecoming, creating a sense of community and connection. 

“We want everybody to be able to come out together,” Garcia said.

For those seeking a blend of music and community, Room 5 Piano Bar offers an extraordinary experience. For more information, visit Room 5 Piano Bar on Facebook.

Contact Mira Bloomer with comments at mira.bloomer@bsu.edu