Ball State Soccer finds its stride

Ball State Soccer lines up for their matchup versus Bowling Green.

MUNCIE, Ind. — Ball State Women’s Soccer starts their season with a bang, with a massive 4-0 win against Purdue Fort Wayne. However, this winning trend would not immediately continue. The cards would drop two back-to-back games, one to Indiana and the next to Butler, moving their record to 1-2. The leadership of the Cardinals help kick the season into high gear, with captain Maya Millis saying,

“It’s just taking it one game at a time. It’s never fun to lose, but there's parts of the games that are better than you thought there were that we can build off of.”

The Cardinals would do just that, winning four straight, including one against Michigan in Ann Arbor, to push their record to 5-2. This win-loss record would give the girls their best opening seven-game stretch since 2020. Graduate student and captain Jordyn Jeffers had this to say about the great start to the season. 

“It’s super exciting. I love my teammates, and I do anything I can to help them. I’m excited to lead by example and on the sidelines.”

With the Cards starting their season 1-2, leadership on the field would help them bounce back to a 5-2 start, the best record that the program has opened play with since 2020. The girls look to keep their momentum as they stride into conference play, with their next match coming against Akron on September 26th at 7 p.m. in FirstEnergy Stadium.

Contact Stephen Grata with comments at stephen.grata@bsu.edu.