Special Q & A interview with Democratic Lt. Gov. nominee Terry Goodin

NewsLink’s Abby Urban sits down with Terry Goodin in a three-part series with lieutenant governor nominees to discuss campaign plans.

MUNCIE, Ind. — Terry Goodin, the lieutenant governor nominee for the democratic party, sat down for a special interview to talk about his campaign’s goals and policy agenda. Goodin is the running mate of governor nominee Jennifer McCormick.

Ensuring that Goodin and his team are putting the care and well-being of Hoosiers first is of the upmost importance.

“What we want to do is move Indiana forward and make it a great place to live, work and raise kids,” said Goodin.

When discussing the importance of agriculture, the question of implementing proper policies for farmers was brought up.

“We want to make sure that safety comes first,” stated Goodin. “I know that the FFA has a great farmer safety program here in the state of Indiana that students can learn from.”

Another hot topic was gun control and safety in school. Goodin, who has been a superintendent, talked about being transparent with all educators.

Goodin discussed his and McCormick's school safety program, stating, “It is making sure that everyone knows what is going on around them and just being aware of strangers and things that are abnormal.”

Reproductive rights and women's healthcare were also topics of discussion during the interview. Goodin discussed the policies they would implement and the importance of reproductive rights and healthcare.

“We support reproductive rights, and ensuring that we keep our doctors in our state and giving them the proper resources that they need is crucial.”

For more information about McCormick and Goodin’s campaign and policy plans, visit their website here.

Contact NewsLink Indiana Staff with comments at newslink@bsu.edu.