Delaware County Athlete of the Week nominees

A Ball State football assistant holds a football during a game against Western Michigan at Scheumann Stadium Sept. 10. Ball State lost to Western Michigan 30-37. Amber Pietz, DN

The Ball State Daily News will use this program to honor athletes who had an impressive week or a breakout performance. Candidates will be chosen and the community can cast their votes.

Candidates will be announced every Sunday with the voting closing on the following Monday at 5 p.m. The winner will be announced the next day. If you believe a certain student-athlete should be a candidate, email the Daily News sports editor Zach Carter at zachary.carter@bsu.edu or associate sports editor David Moore at david.moore@bsu.edu.

The Ball State Daily News is partnered with the Muncie Sports Commission for this program. This will help determine nominees for the end of the year award show next spring. 

Here are the Delaware County Athlete of the Week nominees from Monday, Sept. 30 to Saturday, Oct. 5. 

Wes-Del football junior Brock Nauman - Nauman rushed for 309 yards on 24 carries, scoring eight touchdowns in the Warriors' 72-45 win over Park Tudor.

Daleville volleyball sophomore Madelyn Rees - Rees racked up 22 kills to help the Broncos sweep MEC rival Eastern Hancock 3-0.

Delta girls’ soccer junior Jordan Bunch: In the 2-0 win over Centerville, Bunch scored both goals for the Eagles. 

Yorktown football senior Wilson Webster - Webster rushed for 173 yards and a touchdown as the Tigers defeated Greenfield-Central 21-7.

Muncie Burris boys' soccer senior Liam Hannon - Hannon scored three goals in the Owls 5-1 victory over Hamilton Heights.

Yorktown volleyball senior Charlotte Vinson - Vinson racked up 35 kills in the Tigers' three matches in the Delaware County Tournament. Yorktown swept Delta, Daleville and Wapahani to win the championship.

Muncie Burris volleyball senior Lilly Howell - Howell notched 17 kills in the Owls’ five set win over New Castle.

To vote for the athletes, check the form in the article below the nominees. Please only vote once as multiple votes will not count.