Ball State’s ‘Talent Search’ showcases students’ talent

Students flood Pruis Hall for Ball State’s ‘Talent Search.’

MUNCIE, Ind. - Ball State Student Life held its annual Talent Search last night. The Talent  Search aims to provide students with scholarships and the opportunity to showcase a variety of incredible talents.  

The students off the chart’s talent flooded the Pruis Hall stage on Tuesday.  

Talent Search began at 7:30 p.m. and ended at 9 p.m. During this time, the event chairs announced the judges. Performances took place in two separate acts, and the winners were announced at the end. 

In total, 16 students from Ball State performed various acts, including singing, dancing,  jump roping and baton twirling.  

Only five semi-finalists were selected for each category before the event. Every semi-finalist had to audition for the event back in August. 

The categories were male vocal, female vocal, freestyle, instrument with vocal and musical duo. 

Each category winner received $500 for their performance. The overall winner won an additional $500.  

The overall winner, Bailey Wyatt, placed first in a category and won the overall performance. 

“I will never forget this,” Bailey said.

Talent Search has fostered opportunities for students since 1967. 

The Talent Search Chair, Megan Baczynski, feels this event separates itself from the other homecoming events. She shares how it’s not only for the entertainment aspect but to give back to students by providing scholarships.  

The audience was roaring with excitement. They may consider the night a real showstopper.  

The event was sponsored by Ball State’s Office of Student Life and Foundation & Alumni.

Contact lauren.burris@bsu.edu with any comments.