Avoid the cold with the MITS Bus

It’s October, and that means it’s only going to get colder from here. None of us want to walk long distances (or any distances!) when temperatures start dropping below freezing. It’s also a challenge to drive once it starts getting icy, and ice-related road accidents can be costly. One of the best ways to avoid these problems is to ride the MITS Bus!

Cost Effective and Environmentally Friendly

The MITS Bus is free for all Ball State students. All you have to do is show your Ball State ID to the driver, and you’re ready to ride. This is especially helpful when it comes to saving gas.

Taking public transportation is also excellent for the environment, as it reduces the number of cars on the road.

Wide Ranging Routes

The MITS Bus has routes that go all over Muncie, so you don’t have to miss anything due to lack of transportation. The best part is that you aren’t limited to the pre-determined stops. Riders just need to press the yellow strip by their seat about a block away from their destination to request a stop, and the driver will drop you off. Just refer to the MITS Routes and Schedules and their Plan your Trip page to determine your ride.

Convenient and Beginner Friendly

MITS understands that it may be intimidating to utilize public transport if you aren’t familiar with it, and that’s why they have a First Time Rider guide on their website. Refer to this guide for detailed instructions on how to use the MITS bus. You can also download the MITS app to see where you can track the buses in real time.