Revving up the morning with “Cars & Coffee”

MUNCIE, Ind. — Classic cars rolled into Muncie this weekend for a special event that had car enthusiasts revved up.

That special event is called “Cars & Coffee,” hosted monthly by the Muncie Volkswagen Club.

The club is in its eighth season and showcases different vehicles every time. This season, they’re running from July through November.

The showcase was right across from The Caffeinery on Walnut Street, so participants could grab a cup of joe to warm their hands—just like their engines.

The Muncie Volkswagen Club always attracts a wide variety of classic and vintage cars.

From Volkswagens to Alfa Romeos, “Cars & Coffee” drives nostalgia for all enthusiasts.

"I've been around cars all my life. My dad had cars growing up, so I was just always interested,” explained club member and Volkswagen owner Kirby Tipple. “I got a job closer to home back in 2005 and wanted something fun just to drive back and forth to work."

But these showcases aren’t exclusive to club members, people who are just along for the ride can still enjoy the events.

"I think it was more so a slow build: Just being immersed in it, realizing I love the art (and) the styling of the cars. I actually went to college for vehicle design. I like drawing cars a lot,” said car enthusiast Josh Canfield.

The Muncie Volkswagen Club doesn’t just celebrate the automobiles but also the stories living in the glove compartments.

The next “Cars & Coffee” event is October 5 at 401 S Walnut St from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m..

Visit their Facebook page for more information.

Contact Sophie Schick with comments at sophie.schick@bsu.edu.