Indiana’s Exotic Pet Expo returns to Muncie

Owl stares back at the crowd as customers get a closer look.

MUNCIE, Ind. — From exotic reptiles, creepy crawly tarantulas, and even a cat with nine-toes, the Indiana Exotic Pet Expo returns to the Delaware County fairgrounds to showcase rare animals for all ages to witness.

“The show is an outlet to let people know about the hobby,” said Ron Billingsley, a show promoter for the Indiana Exotic Pet Expo. “And like today, we'll have all these people come, and then the weeks after them, people will start calling saying, hey, we saw you at the show, and we are interested in whatever we have.”

The Indiana Exotic Pet Expo has been traveling Indiana for around 14 years; however, Ron mentioned that Muncie is the hot spot for the event.

“We have about 2000 customers every time we do it,” said Billingsley. “The other shows are fairly smaller, but it's the perfect blend. Muncie is between Fort Wayne and Indianapolis, so many people come here.”

Not only does the exotic pet expo have a variety of vendors and animals to show off to the public, but they also give a chance for visitors to get an exotic pet of their own.

“Trillium was a foster kitten that I had,” said Jay Anne, a member of the Midwest Pet Refuge. “She was about a week old when I got her as a foster and didn't see these multiple toes when we got her until she was older.”

Trillium, the multi-toed cat, is available for adoption. You can see her and over 170 other cats at midwestpetrefuge.com. The next Exotic Pet Expo will be held on November 17th at the Delaware County Fairgrounds.

Contact Wyatt Maher with any comments at wyatt.maher@bsu.edu.