Delaware County Weekly high school Results from 9/9 - 9/14

Below are the highlights and results of this past week of Delaware County sporting events that the Ball State Daily News staff was unable to attend. Please send stats to sports@bsudaily.news, zachary.carter@bsu.edu or david.moore@bsu.edu to make sure your team is featured. 

Monday (Sept. 9)

Muncie Burris boys soccer traveled to Wapahani where the Owls defeated the Raiders 10-0. No stats could be found.

Tuesday (Sept. 10)

Yorktown Boys soccer hosted Eastbrook in a contest that was hard fought and would end in a 0-0 tie. 

Yorktown Girls soccer went on the road to Eastbrook and ended the game knotted at zero to end with a 0-0 tie.

Yorktown volleyball took on Hamilton Southeastern, but the Tigers would fall in four sets 3-1 (15-25, 22-25, 25-23, 17-25). Leading the green and black was senior Shanese Williams with sixteen kills.

Delta Boys soccer traveled to conference rival Greenfield-Central, defeating the Cougars 4-1. Eagles junior Maddox Huffman led the blue and gold with three goals.

Delta volleyball hit the court against Pendleton Heights and took down their conference foe in five sets 3-2 (22-25, 25-19, 25-18, 24-26, 15-11). Eagles senior Addie Phillippe notched 20 kills to lead the blue and gold.

Muncie Central Boys soccer went on the road to face Richmond. The Bearcats were able to eke out a victory 2-1. No stats could be found.

Muncie Central Girls soccer took on the Richmond Red Devils but fell in the contest 13-1. Bearcats senior Sadie Hanna scored the lone goal for the purple and white.

Wapahani Girls soccer faced off against Jay County in a road matchup that would see the Raiders fall 9-1. No stats could be found

Wapahani volleyball took on Hagerstown at home, sweeping the Tigers 3-0 (25-17, 25-11, 25-15). Raiders senior Sophia Beeson and junior Tatum Dudley each tallied fourteen kills to lead the red and white.

Daleville Boys soccer hosted Anderson in a match where the Broncos would fall 10-1. No stats could be found.

Daleville volleyball took the court against Randolph Southern sweeping the Rebels 3-0 (25-7, 25-10, 25-12). Broncos senior Trishell Johnson and sophomore Madelyn Rees each racked up thirteen kills to lead the black and gold.

Muncie Burris Boys soccer hit the road to take on Seton Catholic. The Owls earned a shutout, defeating the Cardinals 10-0. Leading the blue and yellow with three goals a piece were senior Liam Hannon and sophomore Beau Edmonds.

Muncie Burris Girls soccer took on Lapel in a home contest where the Owls would fall 4-1. No stats could be found.

Delta Girls golf took on Monroe Central and defeated the Golden Bears 201-215. The Eagles were led by Avery Stinson placing first overall shooting a 42. 

Yorktown Cross Country Boys and Girls teams took home the Delaware County Titles.

Yorktown Girls golf fell to Jay County 198-197. The Tigers were led by Lindsey Matthews who shot a 47 individually. 

Wapahani Girls golf faced off against New Castle and defeated the Trojans 188-198. The Raiders were led by Kenzie Brannon who shot a 44 individually. 

Wednesday (Sept. 11)

Delta volleyball hosted county rival Muncie Burris in a match that the Eagles would sweep 3-0 (25-20, 27-25, 29-27). Owls senior Lilly Howell tallied thirteen kills to lead the blue and yellow. The Eagles were led by Senior Addie Phillippe and junior Maddie Grove with thirteen kills apiece.

Muncie Central Boys soccer took on Mississinewa in a match that the Bearcats would win 4-0. The purple and white were led by junior Angel Rueda and freshman Tobias Gruver with two goals each.

Wapahani volleyball went on the road to face conference rival Eastern Hancock, and defeated the Royals in four sets 3-1. (22-25, 25-17, 25-23, 25-23). The Raiders were led by senior Sophia Beeson with sixteen kills.

Daleville volleyball faced off against Union City on the road. The Broncos swept the Indians 3-0 (25-15, 25-7, 25-6). Sophomore Madelyn Rees racked up twenty one kills to lead the black and gold.

Cowan volleyball faced inter-county rival Wes-Del where the Blackhawks would take the win in a hard fought five sets 3-2 (18-25, 25-15, 25-15, 25-21, 19-17). Leading the Warriors was senior Amelia Hudson-Roberts who hit seventeen kills. For the Blackhawks, they were led by sophomore Savannah Hall with sixteen kills of her own. 

Delta Girls golf took on conference foe Mt. Vernon and would fall 202-164. Avery Stinson led the Eagles shooting a 46.

Thursday (Sept. 12)

Yorktown Boys soccer went on the road to take on Jay County. The Tigers would fall to the Patriots 3-2. No stats could be found.

Yorktown volleyball took the court on the road against the Mt. Vernon Marauders. The Tigers defeated their conference foe in four sets 3-1 (22-25, 25-21, 25-20, 25-17). Senior Charlotte Vinson led the green and white with 22 kills.

Delta Boys soccer hosted New Castle, and took down the Trojans 6-2. Sophomore Carson Hall was able to notch three goals to lead the Eagles.

Delta Girls soccer went on the road to hit the field against the Muncie Burris Owls. The Eagles earned a shutout 3-0. No stats could be found.

Delta volleyball hit the court against Monroe Central sweeping the Golden Bears in three sets 3-0 (25-9,25-10, 25-9). Eagles senior Addie Phillippe notched seventeen kills for the home team.

Wapahani Girls soccer traveled to Blackford facing off against the Bruins. The Raiders would fall in the match 5-0. 

Daleville Boys soccer hosted Lapel where the Broncos would fall 2-1. Freshman Maddie Reeves scored the lone goal for the black and gold.

Daleville volleyball traveled to Union (Modoc) and swept the Rockets 3-0 (25-7, 25-15, 25-8). Broncos sophomore Madelyn Rees racked up nineteen kills to lead the road squad.

Delta Girls golf defeated Jay County 183-201 which was a season best for the Eagles. The navy and gold were led by Olivia Chalfant who shot a 43 to place first individually.

Yorktown Girls golf competed in a three-way meet against Mt. Vernon and Lapel. The Tigers would finish third shooting a 187 as a team. Lindsey Matthews shot a career low 39 to lead the green and white.

Wapahani Girls golf played against Alexandria on the Raiders senior night. The red and black would take down the Tigers shooting a 176 as a team. Wapahani senior Delaney Dodd led the Raiders individually with a 38. 

Friday (Sept. 13)

No results could be found.

Saturday (Sept. 14)

Yorktown Girls soccer traveled to Mt. Vernon taking on their conference rivals, but would fall to the Marauders 8-1. No stats could be found.

Yorktown volleyball played in a two-match tournament against Brownsburg and Carmel. The Tigers defeated both opponents, taking down the Bulldogs in five sets 3-2 (25-16, 25-17, 23-25, 19-25, 16-14) and swept the Greyhounds in three 3-0 (25-14, 25-21, 25-15). 

Delta Girls soccer traveled to clash with HHC rival Shelbyville. The Eagles were able to defeat the Golden Bears 3-0. No stats could be found.

Muncie Central Boys soccer went on the road to face off against Lafayette Jefferson. A close match would end in a 1-1 tie. No stats could be found.

Muncie Central Girls soccer traveled to Lafayette Jefferson and would fall 10-1. No stats could be found.

Wapahani Boys soccer hosted Union County taking down the Patriots 4-1. Leading the charge for the Raiders was senior Noah Henderson, juniors Kaleb Keihn and Caden Smith, and sophomore Gabe Peters all found the back of the net once.

Muncie Burris Boys soccer hosted Heritage Christian, defeating the Eagles 2-1. No stats could be found.

Muncie Burris Girls soccer took on Park Tudor on the road, and fell 5-0. 

Yorktown and Delta Girls golf competed in the Hoosier Heritage Conference (HHC) Invitational. The Tigers placed fourth overall with a team score of 396. The green and white were led by Grace Turner who shot a 93 overall. The Eagles placed fifth overall shooting a 402 as a team, and were led by senior Avery Stinson who shot a 72 individually.