Delaware County high school sports results from 9/2 - 9/7

Senior Ephram Daugherty celebrates after scoring a touchdown against New Palestine Sept. 6 at Yorktown High School. Titus Slaughter, DN

Below are the highlights and results of this past week of Delaware County sporting events that the Ball State Daily News staff was unable to attend. Please send stats to sports@bsudaily.news, zachary.carter@bsu.edu or david.moore@bsu.edu to make sure your team is featured. 

Monday (Sept. 2)

No results could be found.

Tuesday (Sept. 3)

Yorktown Boys Soccer had a home match against New Castle and defeated the Trojans 1-0. No stats could be found.

Yorktown Girls Soccer went on the road to take on conference rival New Castle. The Tigers won the match 2-1. No stats could be found.

Muncie Central Girls Soccer hosted the Delta Eagles in a home match in which the Bearcats would fall 12-0. Eagles junior Aubree Jarrells led the way with four goals.

Muncie Central volleyball took on Cowan in their home contest. The Bearcats would sweep the Blackhawks 3-0 (25-18, 25-14, 25-21). Junior Keira Drew led the black and yellow with six kills. No stats could be found for Muncie Central.

Delta volleyball hit the court against conference foe Greenfield-Central where the Eagles would get swept 3-0 (25-22, 25-17, 25-20). Senior Addie Phillippe and junior Maddie Grove both tallied eleven kills to lead the navy and gold.

Wapahani Boys Soccer clashed with Knightstown in a home match. The Raiders were able to defeat the Panthers 3-1. Raiders sophomore Gabe Peters notched two goals in the victory.

Wapahani Girls Soccer hit the road against Centerville and fell by a score of 8-4. No stats could be found.

Muncie Burris Girls Soccer traveled to Knightstown where the Owls would lose a close match 4-3. No stats could be found.

Wednesday (Sept. 4)

Muncie Central Boys Soccer went on the road for an inter-county matchup against Muncie Burris. The Owls would win the matchup 2-0. For the blue and yellow, senior Liam Hannon scored both goals to lead the way.

Wapahani Girls Soccer took on Tri-Central in a home matchup in which the Trojans would take the win 3-1. No stats could be found.

Daleville volleyball clashed with Seton Catholic in a contest the Broncos would take in four sets 3-1 (25-22, 21-25, 25-11, 25-9). The black and gold were led by senior Trishell Johnson who notched eighteen kills.

Muncie Burris volleyball took on University at home where the Owls swept the Trailblazers 3-0. No stats could be found.

Wes-Del volleyball hosted Mid-Eastern Conference (MEC) rival Shenandoah. The Warriors went on to fall in three sets 3-0. Senior Amelia Hudson-Roberts led the way for the maroon and gray with ten kills.

Wapahani Girls Golf defeated Knightstown and Centerville in a three-way meet. The Raiders earned a team score of 183 overall. Senior Delaney Dodd shot a personal best of 36 to lead the red and black.

Delta Girls Golf traveled to Edgewood in a meet against Lapel. The Eagles fell to the Bulldogs 155-197. Josey Morris led the navy and gold shooting a 47 individually.

Yorktown Girls Golf went to Crestview for a three-way meet against Anderson and Daleville. The Tigers won the meet overall with a score of 171 and were led by Grace Turner who shot a 39 to place first individually. The Broncos placed third with a 201. 

Thursday (Sept. 5)

Yorktown Boys Soccer hosted Mt. Vernon in a conference matchup where the Tigers would fall 4-1. No stats could be found.

Yorktown Girls Soccer hit the road to take on the New Palestine Dragons. The Tigers fell in the contest 5-1. Freshman Nora Willadsen scored the lone goal for the green and white.

Delta Boys Soccer clashed with the Knightstown Panthers and went on to win convincingly 9-0. Sophomore Cooper Pierce and junior Maddox Huffman notched three goals apiece to lead the Eagles.

Delta volleyball traveled to take on the Golden Bears of Mt. Vernon in a conference rivalry matchup. The Eagles would get swept in the match 3-0 (6-25, 27-29, 12-25). Leading the way for the navy and gold was senior Addie Phillippe with ten kills.

Muncie Central Girls Soccer took on the Lions of Rushville in a road contest. The Bearcats fell 6-4. The purple and white were led by senior Sadie Hanna with three goals.

Wapahani Boys Soccer went on the road taking on Union City where the Raiders defeated the Indians 4-1. Wapahani was led by sophomore Gabe Peters who tallied three goals.

Wapahani volleyball traveled to Jay County taking on the Patriots. The Raiders swept the match in three sets 3-0 (25-17, 25-21,25-23). The red and white were led by senior Sophia Beeson with twelve kills.

Daleville volleyball hit the court against Frankton in a home match. The Broncos defeated the Eagles in four sets, 3-1 (25-9, 25-12, 23-25, 25-15). Daleville sophomore Maddie Rees led the charge for the black and gold with eighteen kills.

Cowan volleyball went on the road taking on conference foe Monroe Central. The Blackhawks conquered the Golden Bears in four sets 3-1 (15-25, 25-18, 25-23, 25-18). The black and yellow were led by junior Keira Drew with eleven kills.

Muncie Burris Boys Soccer took on Anderson Prep Academy, defeating the Jets 9-0. The Owls were led by senior Liam Hannon with three goals.

Wapahani Girls Golf traveled to Crestview to compete in a three-way meet against Daleville and Wes-Del. The Raiders shot a team best 173, senior Delaney Dodd shot a 35 for first place individually. No scores could be found for Daleville or Wes-Del.

Delta Girls Golf competed in a three-way meet against Pendleton Heights and Yorktown. The Eagles earned first place shooting 193 as a team. Deltas’ Avery Stinson placed first individually with a 43. The Tigers placed third with a 200 as a team, and Grace Turner shot a team low of 44. 

Friday (Sept. 6)

Muncie Central football played their second straight road game in a contest with Adams Central. The Bearcats fell by a score of 34-6. No stats could be found.

Wes-Del football hit the road against Greenwood Christian Academy where the Warriors would fall 49-14. Warriors sophomores Eli Wright and Rhyker Mauck each ran in a score, while junior Brock Nauman led the charge on the ground with 97 rushing yards.

Yorktown Girls Golf traveled to Daleville for a three-way meet against the Broncos and Anderson. The Tigers shot the lowest team score since 2015 as a team with a 171 earning them first overall at the meet. 

Saturday (Sept. 7)

Wes-Del volleyball played in a four-game tournament against Marion, Blackford, Mississinewa and Tipton. The Warriors won the first contest against Marion in two sets 2-0, but would get swept in the three contests that followed.

Yorktown Boys Soccer hosted Liberty Christian and would go on to defeat the Lions 6-3. No stats could be found.

Yorktown Girls Soccer traveled to Elwood to take on the Panthers. The Tigers won the contest in a shutout, 9-0. Yorktown junior Harper Mitchell led the green and white with five goals.

Delta Boys Soccer took on conference foe Shelbyville at home, where the Eagles fell in a narrow loss 4-3. The navy and gold were led by junior Maddox Huffman who scored all three goals.

Muncie Burris volleyball took part in a three-match tournament against Fairfield, Trinity Lutheran and Greenfield-Central. The Owls went 2-1 on the day defeating Fairfield in two sets and Greenfield-Central in three, but would fall to Trinity Lutheran in two sets.