Changes to the BSU shuttle system

A green loop bus running its route near the Arts and Journalism Building.

MUNCIE, Ind. — Last month, Ball State’s bus shuttle system, which many students use to get around campus, underwent a few changes. 

Ball State Communications Center sent an email describing its changes in late August. Some of these changes include the addition of a new loop, more shuttles, and the removal of its bus-tracking app, Transloc. The app allowed students to track the shuttles and their loops through GPS. Not everyone was satisfied with the removal of the app. Ball State student Charles Rosales had this to say about the changes:

“Frustrating, just because I feel like it was easy to check where the buses are when I have to be there to get on the bus, etcetera,” Rosales said.

Ball State Communications' email stated that the Transloc app was removed to meet the growing need for additional shuttles and loops. However, not all the system changes have been removed. Bus Operations added the purple loop as a new route. The route joins the green, blue and red routes. Some of the stops on the route include the Cooper Science Building, IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital and the New York Parking Garage. This route will follow closely to the blue route, but not exactly. 

If you have any questions regarding the routes, contact Ball State Bus and Shuttle Services.

Contact Jackson Kirby with comments at jackson.kirby@bsu.edu.